What are Seasonique side effects ?
Seasonique is a birth control pill that causes changes in the uterine lining as well as the cervical mucus. This in turn makes it difficult for the egg to latch onto the uterus, and for the sperm to reach the uterus. It is thus an effective way to prevent pregnancy.
Intake of seasonique may result in the common side effects of seasonique discussed below. If any of the side effects become worse or intolerable, then one should immediately seek medical attention. One may however note that the doctor will prescribe the drug only after taking into account the various benefits of consuming seasonique vis a vis the side effects.
- Headache, bloating, vaginal irritation or discomfort, vomiting, dizziness, excess vaginal fluids, nausea, stomach cramps and increased tenderness or growth of the breasts are some of the side effects of seasonique.
- Cases of acne may get cured or become worse
- During the initial few months of use occasional spotting or bleeding between periods may occur as a side effects of seasonique
There are some serious side effects to seasonique as well. Immediately contact the doctor in case you experience any of the below mentioned side effects of seasonique.
- Difficulties in wearing contact lenses
- Unusual alterations in bleeding from the vagina such as perennial spotting and/or unexpected heavy bleeding, etc.
- Swelling of the feet, ankles or hands
- Unusual pigmented patches on the skin
- Loss or gain in weight
- Growth of body or facial hair
On rare occasions side effects of seasonique can be life threatening problems such as cardiac arrest, stroke, caused due to blood clots. Immediately seek medical help in case of the following side effects of seasonique:
- Abrupt shortness of breath,
- Disorientation or confusion,
- Headaches which are distinctly different from the one that you may have felt in the past. Such headaches may be severely worsened migraines, headaches that result in loss of co-ordination as well changes in vision and/or the onset of unexpected and extreme headaches.
- Pain in the left arm, jaw or the chest
- Coughing out blood
- Warmth, pain or inflammation in the calf or the groin
- Unexpected fainting or dizziness
- The legs or the arms may become numb or weak or have tingling sensations
- One side of the body may have weakness
- The speech may be slurred
- Changes or problems in vision
Immediately contact the doctor in case of these rare and serious side effects of seasonique:
- A dark color to urine
- Presence of lumps in the breast
- Changes in the mood such as suicidal thoughts, depression, prolonged sleep problems, etc.
- Extreme pain in the pelvis, abdomen or stomach
- Abnormal tiredness or fatigue
- Yellowing of the skin and/or eyes
A serious allergic reaction to the drug is very rare. However, in case you experience any of the below listed side effects of seasonique, then contact a doctor immediately.
- Breathing difficulties or troubles
- Hives or rash
- Extreme dizziness
- Increased itching
- Swelling of body parts, especially the throat, face or tongue
- Since the drug like all drugs, can also cause allergic reactions in an individual, it is very important that the doctor is informed about all the allergies that one may have before getting the prescription for seasonique.
Individuals with the below listed conditions should refrain from the intake of seasonique to avoid the side effects of seasonique. The doctor should be informed of any of these conditions at the time of prescription.
- A personal history of a stroke or blood clots in other organs such as the lungs, legs or eyes.
- An abnormal breast test
- Extreme hypertension
- Cancer, particularly breast and endometrial cancer
- Extreme headaches
- Diabetes which has resulted in a disease of the nerve, kidney, blood vessel or eyes. In case one has diabetes, then seasonique will make it more difficult to control the blood sugar levels. Hence, a woman with diabetes has to regularly monitor the blood sugar levels to avoid the side effects of seasonique. If one experiences any symptoms of increased urination or thirst, then the doctor needs to be consulted, who will then adjust the anti-diabetic medications accordingly.
- A history of cardiac disease such as chest pain, cardiac arrest, etc.
- Problems of the liver such as active liver disease, liver tumor, etc.
- Heart valve disease
- Pregnancy that is current or assumed
- A woman who has been subjected to prolonged periods of lying down or sitting such as hospitalization should not take the medication to avoid the side effects of seasonique. In case one is going to undergo a surgery or is going to be bedridden, then the medication has to be stopped or altered.
- A woman who has recently undergone a major surgery,
- history of yellowing skin or eyes while using contraception pills or during pregnancy
- Heavy tobacco use particularly for women over 35 years of age. The heavy use of tobacco in combination with this medication can result in severe side effects of seasonique such as blood clots, stroke, heart conditions, etc.
- Inexplicable vaginal bleeding
No related posts.