Urine infection symptoms in women are nothing but urinary tract infection or UTI symptoms. As the name suggests this condition is infection of the urinary tract. Bladder, kidneys, urethra as well as ureters are the organs that altogether make the urinary tract. Such a condition affects due to parasites like fungi, bacteria etc. However, most people refer to the condition in a narrower sense; for example, Pyelonephritis which is kidney infection, cystitis which is bladder infection etc. In some cases, prostate problems, vaginal issues or epididymis etc are included while discussing urinary tract infection. This is because these conditions may cause UTI or UTI may lead to such conditions.
Urinary tract infection is more common in women than men:
It is believed that urinary tract infection is frequently recorded in women as compared to men. This is because bacteria can easily find their way to the bladder in women than men. Women have shorter urethra as compared to men, which makes it easy for the bacteria to reach the bladder. The urethra is situated besides the rectum in females. This is why bacteria through the rectum can travel to the urethra and result in infection.
In other cases, undergoing sexual intercourse may also lead to urinary tract infection as the course of copulation may push the bacteria towards the urethra. Diaphragm may also cause UTI because it is pushed against the urethra and makes it difficult to empty the bladder completely. The urine that is remained in the bladder may potentially develop bacteria and lead to infection. Most cases of urinary tract infection are attributed to bacteria. Out of aforementioned urinary tract organs urethra and bladder infections are amongst the most common ones.
Signs and symptoms of UTI or Urinary Tract Infection:
- One of the most common symptoms of UTI is burning sensation while urinating
- Increased frequency of urinating
- Feeling the urge to pass out urine but no or insignificant amount of urine evacuated
- Leakage small amount of urine
- Smelly urine
- Cloudy or bloody urine
Other common symptoms of UTI :
- Inflammation or ache in the pelvic area
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Pain experienced during copulation
Known causes of urinary tract infection:
Here are some known common factors that may cause UTI or Urine infection symptoms in women.
- Sex partner change
- Having two or more sexual partners
- Frequent involvement in vicious sexual activity
- Affliction of diabetes
- Pregnancy period
- Infection resulted due to Escherichia Coli or E.Coli
- Staphylococcus Saprophyticus infection
- Using harmful products such as cleansing agents
- Use of harsh contraceptives
- Birth control drugs
- Overuse of too frequent use of antibiotics
- Blockage in the urinary tract caused due to developed tumor or benign masses
- History of urinary tract infection affliction
Treatment of urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection can be highly painful but adopting timely and appropriate treatment techniques would help in preventing the condition from aggravating. Usually in case of such infection patients are prescribed antibiotics, which is a typical and usually effective treatment for conventional UTI. However, it is suggested to meet a doctor and discuss the issue if you notice any urine infection symptoms.